Eric and myahn political forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Marshall vs Alexander hamilton

2 posters

Go down

John Marshall vs Alexander hamilton Empty John Marshall vs Alexander hamilton

Post  Admin Sat May 17, 2008 4:34 am

this is the debate that led me to make this forum.

my basis for Marshall is that though hamilton was an economic genious (and i admit that he is quite incredible) Marshall accomplished more and with more to fight against.

my support
1. Marbury vs Madison. Marshall was in the hardest rut i have ever heard of. he could support the justice but would be putting so much on the line. To turn the justice down would be hurting his chances of ruling the judicial section of the govt. and hurt his support with the fed.s. The ruling of this case was the equal of giving Madison the middle finger because he thought he had Marshall boned.

2. in cohens vs virginia, Marshall gave the court the ability to hear appeals from state courts.

3. (i don't want to explain all the cases but) Barron vs Baltimore, warcestor vs. Georgia (though this one was more an example of how badass jackson was), mcculloch vs maryland, fletcher vs peck. all of these were examples of how marshall took anything he was given, no matter how difficult, and turning it into a way to make the judicial branch, originally nothing, into a big piece of the govt.

4. during all of this, the dem. rep. and the dem. were in charge of the nation. while hamilton was dead and gone, while the Federalist party was dead and gone, Marshall was expanding the federalist views.

Admin
Admin

https://nwpolitics.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

John Marshall vs Alexander hamilton Empty Re: John Marshall vs Alexander hamilton

Post  Greyson Tue May 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Being an Economics major, rather than a political science major, I have to say personally that Hamilton trumps John Marshall. Granted, John Marshall influenced the current court systems heavilly, but Hamilton entered the American political landscape with a grand vision of American worldwide economic prosperity.

Greyson

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum